Position Location: Cote d’Ivoire or Senegal
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID-funded West Africa Trade and Investment Hub Project (hereinafter referred to as the Trade Hub) is a five-year, $140 million trade and investment facilitation activity that seeks to improve private sector competitiveness in West Africa through a market-based approach. By working in partnership with the private sector and fostering co-investments, the project will generate new private-sector capital investment into key sectors to create jobs and increase trade between the U.S. and West Africa, including through increased utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA). The project comprises of three main components:
- Design and administration of a Co-Investment fund for private sector partnerships, including a portion for partnerships in Research and Development (R&D) towards innovating and modernizing practices in Nigeria across five targeted value chains;
- Technical assistance (TA) that directly supports, coordinates, and engages with qualifying recipients (i.e., partners and grantees) to achieve USAID’s trade and food security objectives;
- Urgently respond to the secondary economic impacts of COVID-19, notably to 1) increase access of working capital with financial actors, 2) prevent and mitigate job losses, and 3) help respond to local and regional supply chain disruptions and shortages of critical medical supplies and services as well as for agricultural inputs and food staples.
Through this Co-Investment Fund and technical assistance, the Trade Hub will improve companies’ abilities to expand business operations, increase productivity, and create jobs that build on the talents and aspirations of West Africa’s growing population. The Trade Hub will collaborate on specific commercial opportunities with firms, service providers, research organizations, as well as other business network actors to access private capital that will contribute to large-scale jobs, exports and investment, particularly with strong demonstrated or potential links to the U.S. companies and investors.
Creative Associates is seeking a Public Private Partnerships Coordinator (PPP Coordinator) to provide programmatic and administrative support for the USAID-funded West Africa Trade & Investment (Trade Hub) Activity. The PPP Coordinator plays a decisive role in the successful programmatic, operations and administration to a 20-person PPP team by providing coordination, guidance, design, support, and resolve obstacles to completing project on time. We are looking for someone who is highly organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and capable of coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously. The appropriate candidate is interested in building public private partnerships with a wide range of private-sector actors and other partners, including, but not limited, in agriculture, light manufacturing, renewable energy, business services, and financial services.
The PPP Coordinator reports to the PPP Director. This position will be based in Senegal or Cote d’Ivoire.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain Dynamics, Trade Hub’s pipeline management tool and ensure in collaboration with PPP team data integrity and data alignment with grant applications, grant awards, and SMART.
- Track status of Expression of Interests, Concept Notes, Full Applications, and Grant Packages.
- Support and maintain Trade Hub’s Virtual Deal Room.
- Identify and resolve obstacles to completing PPP tasks on time. This includes identifying project performance, and compliance issues or risks, and supporting plans to address them.
- Setup and maintain project tools to ensure timely delivery of PPP tasks and deliverables according to the defined timeline.
- Schedule internal and external meetings, note-taking, tracking issues, and document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Assist in tracking metrics and providing inputs for project travel, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Maintain project records on SharePoint.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, or related discipline.
- Must have 5+ years of relevant experience in project management in relevant industries.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a matrix organization and with a large multi-disciplinary team, based across multiple countries.
- Excellent creative, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Strong strategic mindset and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding follow-through.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills required, including ability to support development of high-quality project reports.
- Ability to handle a very fast-moving environment, learn on the fly and can work in a constantly changing process.
- Other attributes: Positive attitude, proactive in nature, high attention to detail, familiarity and ability to navigate technology systems
- Experience working on USAID programs preferred.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Fluency in both English and French is a must.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CVs either in PDF or Word format as one document to Recruit@westafricatih.com on or before 27th October, 2021.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.