The Grants Officer will support the Grants Manager with the oversight of all grant’s activities, including ensuring efficient and proper controls for USAID grant compliance and reporting; coordinating training and grants administration with grantees; and review and submission of financial reports as required for each grant.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Grants Officer will report to the Grants Manager.
- Conduct initial eligibility review for full applications submitted by applicants
- Obtain organization documents from applicants (e.g., registration, relevant policies) and complete due diligence review
- Vet applicant details through excluded party lists using the Trade Hub’s vetting system
- Conduct pre-award assessments with shortlisted applicants, seeking input from the applicant, the Public Private Partnerships (PPP) team, and Finance as needed
- With support from finance officers as needed, conduct initial detailed review of budgets developed by PPP with applicants
- Maintain supporting documentation in SharePoint and ensure all required documents are uploaded to the Trade Hub’s grants management system, SMART
- Support Grants Manager to prepare grant negotiation memo
- Obtain signatures on finalized Environmental Review Form (EFR) prepared by Environmental Compliance Officer and upload to SMART
- Ensure finalized conflict risk assessment is complete and uploaded to SMART
- Prepare draft memorandums of understanding (MOUs) for grantee partners and submit to the Grants Director for final review; obtain signatures on MOU after Grants Director approves
- Support grantees to submit grant payment requests in SMART
- Conduct compliance review of payment request in parallel to PPP and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) staffs’ review/validation of payment means of verification (MOVs) submitted by grantees
- Ensure that the correct accounting information has been entered on the payment request prior to submission to Finance
- Closely monitor/manage awarded grant budgets
- Maintain supporting documentation in SharePoint and ensure all required documents are uploaded to SMART
- Proactively identify amendment needs and other implementation issues (e.g., delayed payments, budget issues) and immediately notify managers
- Using the grant closeout checklist, ensure grant record and all required documentation in SMART is complete and that the grant file in SharePoint is neatly organized and audit ready
- Liaise with Finance to ensure all payments are complete, amounts in local currency/USD are final, and that disbursed amounts are within the approved ceiling
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma is required, Bachelor’s Degree or professional accounting/financial qualification is highly desired.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in grant management, including disbursements and reporting and four years of general experience.
- Demonstrated experience in financial administration, budget and cost control management is essential;
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects is preferred;
- Ability to analyze data and suggest areas of improvement
- Excellent record keeping, and documentation skills;
- Have a good computer literacy;
- Understanding of cost-share and/or leveraging preferred; and
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English is required.
Interested candidates should send their Cover letter and CVs to email@example.com on or before 23rd May 2022 either in PDF or word format as one document.
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only finalists will be contacted.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.