The Communications Specialist will be responsible for contributing to the writing and editing activities operations of a USAID-funded rural livelihoods project in West Africa.
Reporting & Supervision
The Communications Specialist will report directly to the Communications Manager and work closely with the Senior Communications Officer.
- Support the development and implementation of the comprehensive annual communications plan that aligns with The Trade Hub s workplan that achieves the program’s internal and external communications goals;
- Follow USAID’s Branding and Marking Plan;
- Assist the Senior Communications Officer with activities that promote communication between The Trade Hub and the West Africa-based USAID Missions, including project content suitable for dissemination on USAID channels.
- Support the writing and/or editing USAID quarterly reports and other major USAID-required project documents;
- Provide administrative support to outside consultants (such as translators, photographers, videographers, etc.);
- Collaborate with HQ Communications team.
Writing & editing
- Identify and propose to the Communications Manager suitable stories, photo essays and other content that would appear in the newsletter, website and social media channels.
- Write assigned success stories, features and briefs for publication in The Trade Hub’s website and other channels, including USAID outlets.
- Place content on the program’s website, newsletter and social media channels; and
- Collaborate with HQ Communications to create and disseminate content through Creative’s channels.
Outreach & events
- Work on all communications aspects of events, including promotion, program content for program, registration materials and related items; and
- Setup, staff and pack up Trade Hub exhibits at events.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- High School diploma required, BA degree highly desired.
- Must have 4 years of general work experience, A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in Communications or other relevant fields, including journalism or public relations.
- Experience in social media content production.
- Language: English is required
- Strong writing and editing skills
Desired skills and qualification
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or other graphic design programs
- Candidates must be Nigerian l nationals
Interested applicants should send their CVs either in PDF or word format as one document to email@example.com on or before 24th June, 2022
Only finalists will be contacted.