The Communications Manager will provide management and oversight of all communication and outreach programs for the Trade Hub. The Communications Manager’s responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all communication outreach to stakeholders on social media, newsletters, press releases, and other media forms;
- Develop project communication strategies and work with Trade Hub staff to implement them across the region;
- Maintain strong relationships with public relation companies providing technical assistance for the Trade Hub;
- Organize events, inaugurations, and webinars based on the needs of the Trade Hub in collaboration with USAID, local governments, and other stakeholders;
- Supervise the Communications team and contribute to the writing, editing, and outreach activities of the Trade Hub.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for supervising Communications Officers who will provide support in completing these tasks.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Communications Manager will report directly to the Chief of Party (COP), will supervise all Trade Hub Communications staff and activities and will work closely with the Communications team at the Creative headquarters located in Washington, DC.
- Supervise and edit the development and implementation of the comprehensive annual communications plan that aligns with the Trade Hub’s workplan that achieves the program’s internal and external communications goals;
- Ensure the compliance to the Trade Hub’s Branding and Marking Plan;
- Assist the COP and the Communications team with activities that promote communication between the Trade Hub and the West Africa-based USAID Missions, including project content suitable for dissemination on USAID channels;
- Support the writing and/or editing USAID quarterly reports and other major USAID-required project documents;
- Provide administrative support to outside subcontractors and consultants (such as public relation firms, translators, photographers, videographers, etc.);
- Manage the Communication team and provide administrative oversight;
- Collaborate with HQ Communications team.
Writing & editing
- Identify and propose to the COP suitable stories, photo essays and other content in collaboration with the Communications team that would appear in the newsletter, website and social media channels;
- Write and/or review assigned success stories, features and briefs for publication on the Trade Hub’s website and other channels, including USAID outlets;
- Oversee and review all content on the program’s website, newsletter and social media channels; and
- Collaborate with HQ Communications to create and disseminate content through Creative’s channels.
Outreach & events
- Coordinate and oversee all communications aspects of events and webinars, including promotion, program content for program, registration materials and related items; and
- Setup, staff and pack up Trade Hub exhibits at events.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to communications, marketing, journalism, public relations, or relevant field is mandatory. Graduate degree is preferred.
- At least 6 + years of relevant communications experience in the role of developing project communication strategies and managing outreach initiatives, with at 4+ years of specific experience years in an international developing country context.
- Must have 3+ years of supervisory experience with groups or teams of staff.
- Strong preference in past experience working with USAID-funded projects.
- Experience managing different social media platforms for organizations and/or businesses.
- Experience in event organization.
- Experience working in promoting private investment and trade is preferable.
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout West Africa
- Problem solving, stress management and time management skills are required
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Proficient at using graphic design software is preferable (ex. InDesign)
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English and French is required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their CVs either in word or PDF format as a single document to Recruit@westafricatih.com on or before 31st May 2022
Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.