- The Accountant will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, ensuring appropriate control procedures are in place, ensuring financial compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Creative procedures, and for preparing accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial deliverables
- The accountant will also be responsible for maintaining personnel leave files that inform payroll.
Reporting & Supervision
- The Accountant will report to the Finance Director.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures;
- Ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met;
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures;
- Ensure accurate and timely submission of monthly deliverables including financial reports, quarterly deliverables including accrual reports, and annual deliverables including reporting on foreign taxes, inventory reports, and year end close out;
- Support continual management of budget and other quarterly forecast activities;
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of expenses, including managing monthly advance requests for field team operations;
- Coordinate closely with other service providers on the renewal of their contracts, agreements and on obtaining, reviewing, and making the timely payment of their invoices;
- Track and file personnel leave records both manually and electronically and maintain their tracking spreadsheets accurately and verify staff’s monthly timesheets;
- Coordinate with HQ Finance, and other members of WATIH field staff as needed to complete deliverables and clarify accounting procedures and policies ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations and Creative policies; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- High School Diploma required, BA / BS Degree in finance or accounting is highly desired;
- Must have at least three (4) years of general work experience;
- Must have at least three (3) years of specialized experience relevant to accounting;
- Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations, previous experience working on USAID-funded projects highly preferred; and
- Advanced knowledge of spoken and written English highly desired, English proficient level required.
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2022.
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Cover Letter and CV, either in PDF or word format, as one document to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only finalists will be contacted.
- Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Candidates must be authorized to work full time in Nigeria